Building the couch

The first thing we decided to build is the couch.  We are going to start building out from the front of the bus towards the back. 


First up is framing out the couch.



Then adding the plywood

We then put trim on the outside to finish it off nicely.






The next day we made the lids and painted! I still want to make the paint more rustic looking so may add some color and sand some spots! 











I’m so happy with how it turned out.  I love that we have all this storage. Now I have to figure out how to make the cushions for the couch.  Next we will be making the kids bunk beds!

BTW- we have not anchored anything down yet since we still have to frame and insulate the walls.  Waiting until we finish framing everything so we can plan the electrical and plumbing before we put walls up.

Update: I didn’t like the paint job so I redid it.  So much better!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Subfloor is done! Plywood is down.

Kitchen Pantry!